Daily Car Rental Rates in South Africa
*daily rates in Durban based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
Durban is a coastal beach city situated in the KwaZulu-Natal province in Eastern South Africa. The Indian and Colonial influences make this an unforgettable and unique city. This destination is popular with families and couples alike and is the perfect place to have your own rental car. Take in the stunning vista of the Golden Mile from the comfort of your own rental car.
Durban is a modern and vibrant beach city attracting families and couples to its shores for holidays and enjoyment alike. The city has an array of Indian and Colonial influences that are placed around the city and most notable through the architecture. The Golden Mile beach resort is loved by surfers and popular with fishermen and families, hence attracting thousands of South Africans from far and wide to this wonderful city every year.
Highlights of the area:
- The uShaka Marine World is a popular tourist attraction, where you can watch be entertained by a Dolphin show or take pleasure in the beautiful sights of the aquarium.
- The Moses Mabhida Stadium is impressive from the ground but for an even more magnificent insight, why not take part in one of the fantastic stadium tours. Here you’ll see the pitch, the changing rooms and the suites where the rich and famous dine.
- Visit the Golden Mile, the beautiful mile of beachfront in the city of Durban. You’ll find an array of top hotels and restaurants as well as a beach-front promenade to take it all in from.
- You will find traditional vendors dotted along the beach, selling an interesting selection of arts and crafts (Zulu inspired) from their thatched roof huts.
- For an evening’s entertainment the Suncoast Casino is a popular destination. You’ll not only discover a casino but a private beach, a range of restaurants and shops.
Driving around Durban:
The roads in and around Durban have excellent infrastructure and provide a pleasurable driving experience. The government of South Africa is making road safety a top priority. It is always worth planning ahead and making sure you know where you are going before embarking on your road trip. It is possible to rent a car direct from Durban airport or from a number of other locations across the city. A rental car will allow you the freedom and flexibility to explore this city and its major attractions at a pace that suits you. East London
is approximately 650km south west and Richards Bay
180km north east of Durban.
FAQs for taking a Durban rental car cross border
Can I take a rental car from Durban to Lesotho?
All rental agents with the exception of Firefly and Woodford permit cross border travel to Lesotho from Durban. Avis and Budget are the cheapest agent with a 550 ZAR charge, whereas Tempest charge 1,705 ZAR.
Can I take a rental car from Durban to Mozambique?
Europcar, First, Hertz, Kiddy, Sixt and Tempest all allow rental cars to be taken from Durban to Mozambique. Hertz are the cheapest at 1,600 ZAR whereas Europcar and Keddy charge 3,000 ZAR.
Can I take a rental car from Durban to Swaziland?
Only Firefly and Woodford do not allow you to take your rental car from Durban into Swaziland. Avis and Budget charge just 550 ZAR when crossing the border to Swaziland compared to Hertz who charge 1,600 ZAR.
Car Rental Agent